Wednesday, March 9, 2016

Yesterday's Home Day

Yesterday marked another day where the gym was a no-go. We woke up bright and early, all smiling and laughing... while Mama made her coffee and forced her eyes open with toothpicks.



We had a great play-date (too short, but it was nice to have visitors) and baby got a very long nap in. This made life a bit easier.

So, I have made the best of staying home. I cleaned up the 2 year old's room, which was extremely stupid because who in their right mind cleans a toddler's room in the morning?? RIGHT? After she fell asleep last night, I went back in and cleaned again.

Throughout the day I got some work outs in. In addition to my scheduled work outs, I'm also doing the 30 day squat challenge. And I'm actually following it!! Whoot whoot!

Day 9 was yesterday and today is Rest day!
Sumo-Reaching Squats (20 reps each)

Yesterday's schedule involved Chest, Triceps, and Lats.

Jog or Bike 5 min warm-up
Push-ups: 5 sets of 7 reps
Triceps: Overhead triceps extension 3 sets of 12-15 reps (10 lbs)
Lats: Lat Pull Down 3 sets of 12-15 reps (60 lbs)

Because I did not have a machine to do Lats, I went in on my day off and ran for a few minutes and then fulfilled my lat work out. I also did Triceps because my two year old kept making me laugh when I was trying to work those yesterday. I took a long time stretching afterwards and got in a nice hot shower. 

Yes, short day at the gym, but it was so good to get some alone time and know that I spent it strengthening my body and recharging. It's good therapy ;)












No comments:

Post a Comment