Wednesday, April 13, 2016

Chest Work Out

This has been a normal day for us. Woke up at 6:55am (why is it that the children always seem to wake up at this exact time day after day?) and after breakfast and getting ready for the day, we arrived at the gym at 9.

It was a pretty quick work out for me since I decided to just do chest exercises today. Usually I pair it with lats and triceps, but mommy brain got the best of me and I forgot my schedule :P I've been flaking on recording my exercises in my phone so that gives me motivation to start it up again!

Today I got my chest work out from this. The body building site has been a great resource for when my creativity is limited and I need to switch up my work outs. I did Work Out B:

Barbell Incline Bench Press (3 sets, 10 reps)

Dumbbell Flys (2 sets, 12 reps) ---> I did 3 sets of 10 reps

Push Ups With Feet Elevated (2 sets, 15 reps) ---> I did regular pushups, slower, and did 3 sets of 10 reps

After this work out I ran 4 laps and walked 1 lap before a good stretching session on the mats. I also weighed myself after the workout (not ideal to do, but I was curious) and I gained 3 pounds since my last weigh in which was 3 weeks ago. Because I've been struggling with keeping weight on, this is good news. It means I am drinking enough water, eating enough calories to keep up with my workouts and breastfeeding my 8 month old, and starting to regulate my weight!

Now back to my momming schedule!





No comments:

Post a Comment