Wednesday, April 20, 2016

Hot Mess Mama

This is my "keep smiling even though I feel like a failure" face.

It might not look like it, but this mama just finished a tough work out, rushed home to get her 2 year old extra pants (accidents happen and I wasn't prepared), and then got the two kiddos out of the car and into the doctor's office, just to be told that her son's 9 month check-up is not today, but tomorrow... gahhhhhhh!!

Hot mess mama is the title that comes to mind. I was up and out with them to get to the gym at 8:30 so that I could be done with my work out by 9:30 and have time to stretch and take a shower before rushing to the doctor's office (which ended up being the wrong day). My 9 month old had different plans. He was not happy and therefore I stopped my work out mid lat exercise, went down to spend some time and calm him down before trying to get back upstairs and finish. I was able to pick back up on my lat exercise but I don't feel that it was the best. I also didn't get a good end-of-work-out stretch (leg day yesterday left me sore sore sore!) so I will be doing that before bed and first thing when I get to the gym tomorrow.

But before I go do mom things, let me share with you my work outs from the past two days.
Yesterday was Leg Day for me and I was struggling with creativity so I used bodybuilding.com to help me out.

LEG DAY:

Hack Squat 3 sets 4-6 reps
Romanian Deadlift 3 sets 8 reps
Dumbbell Lunges 4 sets 25 each leg (I did 25 at first and then went down to 15)
Leg Extensions 3 sets 30 reps
Calf Press on the Leg Press 3 sets 12 reps (I did 20 reps)

Then I stretched for 5 minutes (quick stretch).

****************************************

Today's CHEST, LATS, and TRICEPS DAY:

Incline Bench Press 3 sets 10 reps
Dumbbell Flyes 2 sets 12 reps (w/ 45 second rest)
Overhead Dumbbell Extension 3 sets 10 reps
Tricep Kickbacks 3 sets 10 reps
Lat Cable Pulldowns 3 sets 10 reps each side

The only thing that I'd change would be to do Lats before triceps. Work the bigger muscles first!








No comments:

Post a Comment