Sunday, April 10, 2016

What's On Your Playlist?

My oldest is almost 3 years old and there are days where she won't nap. Those are the days when bed time is 6 or 7pm. Tonight, I put her to bed at 6 and then I put my almost 9 month old to bed right after...

YES!

So a nice relaxing bath was had... with wine and Netflix. Thank you, Lord, for a good Sunday night. I needed this. I was able to get together a grocery list for this week, as well as write this blog ;) Big success if you ask me. All that's left is a good stretch and face washing.

But FIRST, it's time to talk good pump-up, working-out music. Everyone is different and it amazes me the plethora of genres used for motivation. It also depends on what type of exercise you do. For now, let's just go with weight lifting and running.

I keep changing my music up, but there are a few songs I will not delete from my work out playlist (Explicit... for "hardcore-ness" ;P):

Till I Collapse (Eminem)
Drop the World (Lil Wayne)
The Distance (Cake)
Numb (Linkin Park)
Always Strapped (Lil Wayne)
Church (T-Pain)
Radioactive (Imagine Dragons)
Lipgloss (Lil Mama)
G-Slide (Lil Mama)

Those are songs that will always be on my mix. Here are some songs that have been added recently for these next couple of months:

In My City (Ellie Goulding)
One Week (Bare Naked Ladies)
I Took a Pill in Ibiza (Seeb Remix: Mike Posner)
My House (Flo Rida)
Don't Let Me Down (The Chainsmokers)
Stressed Out (Twenty One Pilots)
Fight Night (Migos)
Fancy Footwork (Chromeo)
Milli (Lil Wayne)

Some of these songs I have had on my iPod since my soccer days. I would plug myself in for warm ups and they got me in the zone for the game. I feel the same way about these newer songs and it helps me to block everything and everyone else out and just focus on the exercises I'm doing... until I get called down to the kid zone (tehe). 

Some choose to not listen to any music and that helps them keep their focus. To each their own. Some days I feel like music won't do, so I go unplugged. I guess it just depends on the day, but I'd love to hear other songs or types of music you use in keeping yourself pumped and motivated during a work out :D I'm always up to try a new playlist! In the meantime, it's time for that good stretch ;)




No comments:

Post a Comment